time problems (forwarded)

Kevin is one of two people who are currently _still_ unable to post, so
I am forwarding his message. :-(

From: Account for Debian group  mail <debian@pcez.com>
I use a program call "nist - timestanderization under Linux" by Frank
Brokken.  This program works well for maintaining the clocks on my
systems.  The program gets the time information from a standard on the
Internet and and updates the system time.  Then you run the "clock -w"
command to update the CMOS clock.

This has worked fine on all my systems until I tried to run it on the new
Debian box I just put together.  When it updates the CMOS clock it sets
the year to somewhere in the 21st century and the rest of the time
information is all screwed up as well.  What needs to change to make this
utility work properly?

Thanks,

Ken Rea

--
Bruce Perens, Pixar Animation Studios
*** "Toy Story" video tape in U.S. stores October 30 ***