RE: Getting config from kernel

Joe Emanaker said:

>> A file called '.config' is generated at the top of your kernel source
>> tree....
>
>> This file will still be there after you've compiled the kernel, so all
>> you need to do is copy it to a safe location and drop it back in when
>> you want to generate the same kernel.
>
>Which only leaves the question: where can I get the one that was used
>to generate the kernel in the current kernel-package?

You've probably guessed it by now: there isn't one because the initial
kernel's precompiled. I don't know of a definitive way of recreating
such a file. I can suggest only that you look at what hardware's
recognised and which daemons are started at boot-time (run
"/etc/dmesg"), and look around /proc for recognised devices and
interrupts.

Does someone on the list know a better way?

Casper Boden-Cummins.