Re: netscape

> Found to my great surprise that netscape now doesn't default to ghostview'ing
> a .ps file --- could you post me your /etc/mailcap file to overcome this?

It's a bug in Netscape that causes it not to poperly evaluate the test
condiditon.  I have reported this bug to Netscape, so hopefully it will
be fixed in the next revision.  For some reason they 'tolower' the entire
test line so that variables like "$DISPLAY" become "$display" which makes
it useless.

The best thing to do for now is to copy the ghostview line into the "user"
section and omit the 'test' clause.  Something like:

  # ----- User Section Begins ----- #
  application/postscript; /usr/bin/X11/ghostview %s
  # -----  User Section Ends  ----- #

You should remove this line once Netscape gets fixed, though.

                                          Brian
                                 ( bcwhite@verisim.com )

     Searching for something?  Look to us!  http://www.verisim.com/ferret/