Re: gcc can't find termcap library

Hi Bruce --
You said:
> Supporting two terminal management mechanisms would not be a good idea.

It would probably be a good idea to remind folks (in the FAQ or wherever)
about the rationale for using curses vs. termcap.  I tried to find one
using AltaVista and DejaNews, but I'll bet you can guess what a snowstorm
of "information" that yielded.  I understand that ncurses provides more
support for shared libraries (than curses), but that's all I could find
so far.  Any additional pointers would be helpful.

Also, I'm guessing that we'll need to edit the FAQ to give far more
complete answers re: how-to-compile-or-use-termcap.  I don't know the
answers to this yet.  (My eyes tend to glaze over when anyone starts to
talk about compilers.)  If you have any specific suggestions, I'd be
happy to incorporate them.  Else, I'll make a general plea for help when
I get to this part of the FAQ again.

Cheers,
Susan