Subject: Adding nfs and ip modules to base
Author:  debian-user@lists.debian.org at cclink
Date:    07.08.96 05:25

Hi,

During installation I was prompted to select some modules to
install.

I wanted nfs but it replied

	nfs_mknod undefined
	nfs_sillyrename_create undefined
	nfs_create undefined undefined
	nfs_mkdir undefined undefined
	nfs_lookup_cache undefined undefined
	nfs_rename undefined undefined
	nfs_lookup undefined undefined
	nfs_nfs_rmdir undefined undefined
	nfs_link undefined
	nfs_refresh_inode undefined
	nfs_symlink undefined
	nfs_unlink undefined
	(from linux-2.0.6) don't match your linux-2.0.6
	Installation failed

For the internet protocol drivers it said:
	Can't locate module console

And for my ne2000 card:
	ne.c : Module autoprobing not allowed
	append "io=0xNNN" values

	(Howabout pointer to Ethernet Howto in Installation doc
	where values to try above can be found)

I also tried (with identical results):
	modprobe -t fs nfs.o

Fortunatly, can still use computer since didn't overwrite
previous system.  However, can't install Debian since cannot
mount the nfs drive where distribution will be kept.

Have read the Module-Howto and related Docs but can't find
a solution to these problems.  I fed the first line of nfs
error message to dejanews using 200,000 linux messages and it
found nothing !  It looks simple, since the
messges don't seem cryptic, but what do I know ...

Thanks in advance for any enlightenment,
Jay