Re: Don't use Matrox cards (Was re:dosemu)

On Mon, 19 Aug 1996, Shaya Potter wrote:

>> Um, FYI Matroax *HAVE* now allowed the source code to be released, and the
>> drivers for their cards are being worked on, (at last) so, you can use
>> this to tell what card to get ;)
>When did this happen?  I talked to a friend, just a couple of weeks ago,
>and he said he just talked to Matrox and they were pretty dead set
>against giving their support away like that.  However, if I am wrong I
>admit it, and apologize for the wrong advice I gave.
>
>Shaya

Actually just last week, keep an eye on the various linux newsgroups and
you'll see the cool stuff like this :) but they definately are now letting
the stuff out, we just have to wait for the drivers to be written

-Barry Hughes

--
Lord grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.The courage
to change the things I can.And the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people