Re: dosemu

On Fri, 16 Aug 1996, Miro Torrielli wrote:

> Dale Scheetz wrote:
> >
> > Try installing the xcompat package. It probably has the a.out library
> > dosemu is looking for.
> >
> > Luck,
> >
> > Dwarf
> >
> > ------------                                          --------------
> >
> > aka   Dale Scheetz                   Phone:   1 (904) 877-0257
> >       Flexible Software              Fax:     NONE
> >       Black Creek Critters           e-mail:  dwarf@polaris.net
> >
> > ------------ If you don't see what you want, just ask --------------
>
> Thanx for the info, I should have thought of it myself.
> However, I can't get dosemu to boot with the -A switch, and
> can't therefore install it. It always crashes giving me:
> ERROR: can't get floppy parameter in /dev/fd0.
>
> My floppy drive usually works, and the boot disk is fine.
> Whats up??
>
> Thanks for your time...

This seems to be a bug in the version of DOSEMU that has been packaged
for debian.  The way to get around this is to edit the dosemu.conf file
in /etc and replace
	floppy { device /dev/fd0 }
with
	floppy { file /var/lib/dosemu/diskimage }
you will then take the floppy that has all the files you were supposed to
put on it and run
	dd if=/dev/fd0 of=/var/lib/dosemu/diskimage }
you will then be able to boot off the image of drive A: and when ever you
access drive A:, it will be the image file.

This is a workaround, not a fix.  However, this bug does seem to be fixed
(at least on my system) in the development releases, which I am using on
my system.

Hope this helps

Shaya
--