Re: diald

Hi

I had an initial problem with diald and solved it by turning off all the
modem-related options in the ppp config file (can't remember where, but
somewhere under /etc).  My problem was somewhat different from yours in
that my modem would connect to my ISP and then it woud cut before I could
get on with my Internet connection.

I hope this will help in your case.
Regards
Mark