Re: How to make dselect shut up?

> Randy Gobbel writes ("How to make dselect shut up?"):
>> I've installed xpaint on my system, and every time I run dselect it complains
>> about pbmplus being unavailable--even though pbmplus has been superseded by
>> netpbm, and I have netpbm installed.

> Which package is it that wants pbmplus ?  The real solution is to get
> that fixed so that dselect has the right information.

It's xpaint.  Yes, all that really needs to be done is to have xpaint suggest
netpbm instead of pbmplus.  Should be utterly trivial.

-Randy
--
http://cogsci.ucsd.edu/~gobbel/

NOTICE: I DO NOT ACCEPT UNSOLICITED COMMERCIAL EMAIL MESSAGES OF ANY KIND.  I
CONSIDER SUCH MESSAGES PERSONAL HARRASSMENT AND A GROSS INVASION OF MY
PRIVACY.