Re: Installing Linux over a LAN

On Sun, 11 Aug 1996, Bruce Perens wrote:

> For Debian, you can do the installation using the 5 floppies, and then all
> other software can be auto-loaded by "dselect" via FTP. We can do better
> than that, and will in 1.2 if I get time (or a volunteer to work on the
> installation system).

When I installed Debian 2 days ago, I was wishing that instead of the 3
"base" floppies, it could at least use a .tar.gz file containing
the same stuff somewhere on an existing ext2 partition. A small change (?)
like that would make the install a lot easier.

--
#!/usr/bin/perl -pl-                                      ,,ep) ayf >|)nj,,
$_=reverse lc$_;s@"@''@g;y/[]{A-R}<>()a-y1-9,!.?`'/][}        Joey Hess