Re: des encryption..

Dominik Kubla writes ("Re: des encryption.. "):
> Look at my SSLeay Package (not yet fully functional) at
>    ftp://ftp.uni-mainz.de/pub/Linux/debian-local/
>
> It contains the whole familiy of des commands. (BTW. This is the first
> Debian package to actually use /opt, so make sure your root partition has
> enought free space before installing it or make a symlink /opt -> /usr/opt)

Can we please put /opt -> /usr/opt and the empty /opt tree in the base
package, before things get any worse ?

Also I propose to mandate in the policy manual that packages which use
/opt should provide appropriate links or files in
/opt/{bin,lib,man,include,info,doc} and that packages which search
paths must look in /opt too.  Comments ?  (And see the recent
FSSTND/FHS work on /opt - it's deliberately very vague.)

Ian.