Re: Re^2: How do I get GATEWAY2000 PS/2 mouse to work ? (fwd)

As Susan G. Kleinmann said:

> My experience is that there are a couple of good hardware reasons for
> getting serial mice instead of PS/2 mice:
>
> -- removing the PS/2 mouse frees up an IRQ.

Perhaps I am wrong, but a serial mouse also requires an IRQ... and a serial
port! With my PS/2 mouse I don't waste a serial port, so I can easily have a
modem and a dumb terminal connected to my computer.

Or is there a way to share IRQ's between a serial device and a serial mouse
on the same port?

> Cheers,
> Susan Kleinmann

--gilbert

Gilbert Ramirez Jr.                     gram@merece.uthscsa.edu
University of Texas                     http://merece.uthscsa.edu/gram
Health Science Center at San Antonio    University Health System