Re: linux.debian.user newsgroup (Re: printing and .profile problems)

In article <[🔎] 199608080611.QAA10285@mdw072.cc.monash.edu.au>,
Stuart Lamble  <sjlam1@mdw072.cc.monash.edu.au> wrote:
>Actually, linux.debian.user exists, but it appears to be a gateway from
>the mailing list to USENET - it doesn't seem to work the other way
>around. :-( I can read from it, but it doesn't seem to reach the mailing
>list if I post to it.

Indeed you cannot post to it. The linux.* groups should be set as
_moderated_ groups, and you'll have to have a few special addresses in
your moderators file. I'll include them below. Fix your news server
or ask your provider to fix it.

Proof of this is that I _am_ writing this from trn :)

# Linux moderators host.
linux.act.*:linux-submit@ratatosk.yggdrasil.com
linux.*:submit-%s@ratatosk.yggdrasil.com

Mike.
--
  Miquel van    | Cistron Internet Services   --    Alphen aan den Rijn.
  Smoorenburg,  | mailto:info@cistron.nl          http://www.cistron.nl/