Help needed using Sun 'automount' map with Debian's amd.

We have a Sun lab where all the home directories are automounted using
Sun's 'automount' command. Now we're adding 20 Debian boxes to this lab.

The home directories are all 'automounted' under /home/users (so user
'foo' has home dir /home/users/foo). Where to get each home dir is
described by the NIS map 'auto.home'. Entries in the map look like this:

foo	orion.ee.mcgill.ca:/.home.9/&

where user 'foo' is the NIS key for the map and
'orion.ee.mcgill.ca:/.home.9' is where foo's home dir is located.

How do I get amd to work with that setup?

Please help... We need to get this working... and we need it bad.

  Christian