RE: catch 22?

On 23:36:54 OCrow@mail.capgem.com wrote:
>> masquerading, somehow or other both my kernel-image and kernel-source
>> packages have gotten to a state where I'm stuck fast!
>
>Before you try anything drastic, check the #!/... line of the
>post-install scripts for the kernel. Mine pointed to a non-
>existent perl. Either modify the script(s) or create a link
>to the correct Perl. Once I had created the link, the install
>went forward without a hitch.

Owen,

Thanks for suggesting caution.  Others have suggested the
scripts having that error also.  However, I have managed to
resolve the dilemma.  I tried Heiko's suggestion and edited
my status file.  I changed the kernel-source and image status
to "purge ok not-installed".  Then ran dselect, since I wanted to
install a few other packages as well.  All went fine!  Except that
now the postinst script fails.  This is not dibilatating however as
the source is now intact and the original kernel image (and the
compressed) are where they should be.  I believe this same error
occured on the initial install of the kernel stuff
as well.

Paul