Re: Anyone want xanim as a deb package

Shaya Potter <spotter@itd.nrl.navy.mil> writes:

> I just got xanim compiled on my system with full for cinepack and indeo
> enconding, I also compiled in sound, but I have no idea if it works since
> I don't have a sound card on my linux box.  If anyone want it, I will try
> to put it together as a package.  It should be pretty easy just one file
> is neccesary to run it.

Please be sure to check on the redistributability of the cinepak and
indeo code---I'm not sure it can be redistributed _at all_, and I'm
fairly certain that it would have to go in non-free.

Which isn't to say I wouldn't like to see the package---just that this
is one that probably needs all its proverbial ts crossed and is dotted.

Mike.