Problems with install from PHT CDROM

I borrowed a friends monthly Pacifix Hitech CDROM to install Debian.  I
created all the disks and started the install.  I had to redo each of
the base disks at least once because of errors.  Then when installing
the kernel it gives me a crc error with gzip.  The system will boot from
the custom boot disk but I can't mount the CD to continue installation,
because it says the kernel does not support iso9660 which I thought was
rather strange.  Any ideas?  Thanks.

Tim Gray