Re: how to avoid some upgrades from a distrib

On Mon, 5 Aug 1996, Eric Delaunay wrote:

> Hello,
>
>   I would avoid upgrade of few packages when I upgrade my system from a
> new distribution.

The concept you're looking for is 'Hold'. Just move the highlight to the
packages you don't want upgraded and press 'H' to put them on hold. When
you do want to upgrade them, just 'unhold' them by pressing the 'G' key.

Here are the relevant lines from the 'Select' help screen of dselect:

Mark packages for later processing:
 +, Insert  install or upgrade      =, H  hold in present state
 -, Delete  remove                  :, G  unhold: upgrade or leave uninstalled
 _          remove & purge config

> --
>  Eric Delaunay                 | "La guerre justifie l'existence des militaires.
>  delaunay@lix.polytechnique.fr | En les supprimant." Henri Jeanson (1900-1970)

                                         :-)

  Christian