Re: problems with inn: ME cant update_active nl.misc

Do a renumber that usually fixes your high water marks (which seem to be
wrong in this case).
MMAP on linux works just fine.

Andre Koopal (andre@NL.net) wrote:
: Hello,
:
: I have installed debian at my home-site, and now I am trying to get a newsfeed
: to my home.
:
: I have set up all files and everything seems to be working, but when news
: is coming in I see the following errors in syslog:
:
: Aug  4 20:24:10 windmill innd: ME cant update_active nl.misc
: Aug  4 20:24:10 windmill innd: ME cant symlink /var/spool/news/nl/misc/0 and nl/
: newsgroups/0 File exists
:
: and innd dies.
:
: I have read something in the inn-faq about linux not being able to handle MMAP
: update of the active-file, so I recompiled inn with active=READ, but this
: doesn't help either.
:
: Does anybody knows what can be happening here?
:
: Thanks in advance,
:
: Andre Koopal