X11 problems

Hello,

I have once again tried to install the debian distribution and
I have once again failed to get X11 running. This time with
a Hercules Stingray Pro and the SVGA server.

The monitor gets black and after CTRL-ALT-F4 I get:

TRANS(SocketUNIXConnect) () can't connect: errno = 111
giving up.
xinit:  Connection refused (errno 111):  unable to connect to X server
xinit:  No such process (errno 3):  Server error.

Does someone have an idea what's going wrong?

Thanks a lot,

Jens Decker