Re: dpkg-ftp or installing via FTP

[To those who will get this message twice, my apologies; nonetheless, I
think this is worth bringing to the attention of the developers.]

Hi Ricardo --

You said:
> I've actually tried running dselect with ftp, but it didn't work.
> It looks like my version of perl may have some problems as can be seen in
> the error messages below.

If you are really having a chicken-and-egg problem (need dselect + dpkg-ftp
to upgrade, but can't use dselect + dpkg-ftp without having upgraded), then
I believe the project needs to make a note of that on the FTP sites.

Meanwhile, my only suggestion for you is that you use the instructions
in upgrade_manual.doc (this text file is found in the directory
"upgrades" at any debian mirror).

Good luck,
Susan Kleinmann