Re: How can I submit packages to be included in the distribution?

On Fri, 2 Aug 1996, Christoph Lameter wrote:

> > > - Harvester		Caching Daemon
> >
> > Look at Squid instead - an old version can be found in rex/unstable. It's
> > a few version behind.
> Never heard of Squid. Speedwise I have seen no other software that could
> compete with Harvester.

harvest went commercial. squid is the non-commercial successor to
harvest...development of squid started where free development of harvest
left off.

> > > - procmail		with Full Sendmail Integration
> >
> > Isn't this part of buzz/stable?
> Yes but its not set up as the local mailer. Sendmail uses deliver
> under Debian as far as I can see.

add

    FEATURE(local_procmail,/usr/bin/procmail)dnl

to your /etc/mail/sendmail.mc file.

sendmail can use any local mail delivery agent you want.  It would be nice
to see a new release of the sendmail package which asked whether you wanted
to use deliver or procmail.

> > > - hylafax		Fax Receive and Send with Sendmail Integration
> >
> > You could also use efax which is part of buzz. Someone is working on qfax
> > (multi-user extensions to efax).
> >
> I need an integration with Sendmail and the ability to control the time
> period and where those faxes are sent.

yes, that would be good.

Craig