Re: X and mouse

--text follows this line--
I too am having trouble with X and my mouse.  No matter what I try for the
mouse device, the X servr fails with the message "Cannot open mouse (no such
device)".  How to I tell what device my mouse is?  During boot the BIOS just
says "Mouse recognized", and the kernel says nothing.

I have a Microsoft PS/2 mouse.  I used to run Slackware, and it worked fine.
Now I'm using Debian-1.1.  I found some links in /dev:  msmouse->inportbm,
psmouse->psaux, and I tried them, as well as making /dev/mouse point to them.
Nothing helped.