Re: Sicherheitsluecke bei rlogin auf Linux [LSF Update#11: Vulnerability of rlogin] (fwd)

>   		A vulnerability exists in the rlogin program of NetKitB-0.6
>		This vulnerability affects several widely used Linux
>		distributions, including RedHat Linux 2.0, 2.1 and derived
>		systems including Caldera Network Desktop, Slackware 3.0 and
>		others.
>		Local and remote users could gain super-user priviledges
>		Debian
>
>			Debian Project did not either confirm or deny the
>			vulnerability of Debian/GNU Linux 1.1.
>
>			Debian/GNU Linux systems may be vulnerable if
>			NetKit-B-0.6 is installed. Until the official
>			fix-kit is available for Debian/GNU Linux, system
>			administrators of Debian systems are advised to
>			follow guidelines under Other Linux Distributions
>			section.

Anyone have any more comments about this? There is no package called NetKit
that I know of, I'm just curious if the developers have anything to say?

Thanks,
Steve
---
Disgusted by politicians and their government? Check out:
http://www.HarryBrowne96.org/