How can I submit packages to be included in the distribution?

We needed to produce some .deb packages when our site began utilizing debian. We would
like to offer them to the public, but we cannot find a way to submit them anywhere.

Could someone please tell us what to do? The documentation on how to submit packages
or become an official maintainer are in total disarray right now. Here is a list of
packages available from ftp.fuller.edu/Linux/debian today:

mgetty-0.99-1.deb	Adds PPP autodetect to mgetty.
ppp-2.2.0fx-1.i386.deb	Adds Remote configuration ability for DNS information
        for dialin Win95 and WinNT users.
apache-1.1.1-1.deb	Upgraded Apache Package with proxy Cache support etc.

verse-0.12.deb		Daily Inspiration through a verse from the King James Bible

Planned .deb package from our site (Please tell us if this is anywhere already available!)
We are running a full Campus Setup here and we will produce the following packages for our setup:
- Harvester		Caching Daemon
- SmartList		ListServer with Full Sendmail integration
- procmail		with Full Sendmail Integration
- fwtk			Firewall Toolkit
- hylafax		Fax Receive and Send with Sendmail Integration
- sac			System Accounting tools
- strobe,tcpspray	Probe other systems
- ircd			IRC Daemon
- 3270 Telnet