Re: 1.1 setup for /dev/xconsole?

On Tue, 14 May 1996, Maarten Boekhold wrote:

> > >If you try bringing up xconsole and see nothing, then it's possible that
> > >you've already been logging messages for a while and the pipe filled up, so
> >
> > Has anyone noticed that with recent kernels, the pipe to xconsole fills
> > up on boot up before boot up is finished, which causes all kinds of
> > problems. This started around 1.3.65 and still is a problem, so I
> > stopeed using xconsole.
>
> I'm using 1.3.71, no probs with xconsole, system is a (to 1.1) upgraded
> 0.93R6.
>
> Maarten

> | Maarten Boekhold, Faculty of Electrical Engineering TU Delft,   NL  |
> |   boekhold@cindy.et.tudelft.nl boekhold@gopher.library.tudelft.nl   |
> |                  Take life as a party!                              |

Yes I noticed that but could never figure out what to do.  So now I just (as
root) /etc/init.d/syslogd stop and then /etc/init.d/syslogd start.
(Thanks folks!)

__kmb203@psu.edu_________________________Debian__1.1___Linux__1.99.3___
"Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra and then suddenly it
flips over, pinning you underneath.  At night, the ice weasels come."
                -- Matt Groening