How to install by ftp?

I just get my Debian base system install, but it does not include the
package ppp, luckly I get it by ftp before I install the base system and
save it in a floppy disk.  And I am connect to the Net using ppp.

Now my question is that can I install the rest of the package by ftp?  I
know I can ftp all the packages and store it in the harddisk and install
from there.  But I heard that one can install Debain by ftp directory.
Can someone show me?

Godfrey
gli@interlog.com