Re: xbase installation problem

> I upgraded to tar 1.11.8-1, but it made no difference... :-(
> Still this stupid error message about an existing symlink to console!
> Seems like I have to install the whole system once again. :-((

No, you shouldn't have to install everything again.

Look and see if /dev/:0 exists. If it does, delete it. This may be what's
causing the problem.   I think it was put there to help with sessreg and
talkd, but didn't work.  It isn't present in the ELF X packages which
will be part of Debian 1.1

Steve Early
sde1000@cam.ac.uk