Re: 1.3.57 module loading problems

Anno Domini 31 Jan 96 at 20:32, debian-user@Pixar.com wrote:

> > In other words, how does Linus "not use modules" and get ppp to work?

I dont understand the question, I use ppp with the Monolith all the
time.
The Modules should really be _totally_ unrelated to kernel itself,
like in Netware, the NLM's.
In Netware the kernel (called SERVER.EXE, yes Netware is loaded from
dos) is quite dumb. After the server is up you load diskdrivers from
dos partition, mount your BIG disks, load other NLM's (Netware
Loadable Module) like NIC-drivers etc etc..
In there the kernel is the kernel and modules are separate, unrelated
to kernel exept by well defined API.
Cheers...
--
Lauri Tischler, Network Admin          Tel: +358-0-47846331
Finlandia Interface Oy                 Fax: +358-0-47846500