resetting up

After attempting for several days to make some system modifications.  I
decided that it would be wiser to wait until I am more familar with the
basic linux commands and platform.  Being a  newbie,  I was only partialy
succesful at removing the changes I had made.  I decided to reinstall
debian from the disks.  I only needed to work with the boot and root
disks.     Everything seems to ok now except the following:
 1)  At initialization the moduals are loaded twice.
 2)  When I first used C-Kermit the port was locked.  This situation has
corrected itself.

	Can anyone direct me to the correct file so that I can edit out
the duplicate moduals ?  Thank you