Re: a unified documentation interface without overkill

Bruce Perens writes:
> I'd rather have it Tuesday than have it perfect. I think after we've
> satisfied the basic goal of having some way to read documentation using
> one tool and one overall index we can spend as much time as we wish on
> doing it right.

If we're going to spend time generating an index it's important that
we produce the right kind of index, or we've just wasted that effort.

A directory that the user has to page through isn't good enough - look
at `info' for an example :-).

So, we need to attach keywords to things.  I think that a little
thought will suffice, provided that (a) most of the keywords are
decided on by a smallish number of people and that (b) there is a way
to produce a list of the keywords used.

Ian.