Re: screen problems

>>Recently, screen has been causing me problems.  Now, whenever I detach
>>screen and try to reattach, it prompts me for a password.  I have no
>>idea what that password is!  It never did this until recently, so it
>>may have something to do with a recent upgrade, but I don't use it
>>consistantly enough to know exactly when it started acting up.
>>
>>I've tried playing with my .screenrc to set the password to "none" or
>>some known password, but neither made any difference.
>>
>>Any ideas?
>
>Sounds like you enable one or more of the security features.  The password it
>asks for should be your normal login password...

I haven't changed anything in my personal setup for screen.  I've tried
several different passwords, including my login password, and none of
them work.

Package: screen
Section: misc
Maintainer: Ian Murdock <imurdock@debian.org>
Version: 3.6.2-2
Conffiles:
 /etc/screenrc a472ae9ff0214b2aaec59f24ff80748b

I've checked the conffile, but it has nothing about a password in it.

                                        Brian
                                 ( bcwhite@bnr.ca )