Re: Debian is GPF only?!?

> >To keep universal balance of things, Slackware has more packages
> >( I guess because Patrick includes non-GPL-copyrighted software in
> >  the distribution ) and there's an ELF distribution of Slackware.
>
> Being fairly new to this list, could you explain this?  Are you saying
> that Debian won't include any software that isn't covered by the GPL?
>
> If that is the case, then I will be decidedly unimpressed.  Just because
> something isn't covered under the GPL does not mean it is not useful or
> not "free".

No, that is not the case. Debian will not include packages that
can't be selled in a cdrom, e.g., or have similar restrictions.
Even such packages may be "debianized" and be avaliable at the non-free
directory, but will not be in the "official" Debian.

Please correct me if I've said something wrong.

With best regards, Emilio.

--
 Emilio C. Lopes
 FINPE, Instituto de Fisica      E-mail: ecl@if.usp.br