Re: Debian vs. BOGUS

sorry, I've to f'up myself...

    Bruce> The location of the source, the author's name, etc., is
    Bruce> supposed to be stated in the debian.README file, which is
    Bruce> placed in /usr/doc/copyright/<package-name>

    Karl> I would like to see it in the database.

Since it often could not found in copyright/<package-name>; e.g.
adduser (cryptic),
bin86,
bootpc,
bootpd.txt (please rename the file),
bsdutils (cryptic),
byacc,
chfn,
cron (includes syslog from smail, but does not tell where to get smail),
diffutils,
dpkg (yes, please also include the source dirs for the native Debian
    tools; dpkg mentions /usr/bin/md5sum: not ftpdir),
ed,
emacs (!),
file,
fping,
hostname,
image,
less,
lpr,
mtools,
netbase,
netstd,
patch,
pcnfsd,
popclient,
rpc,
shar,
sysvinit,
tcp_wrapper,
time (cryptic),
w3

Approx 50% of the progs I've installed.  No flame intended -- I hope,
the maintainers will read this mail.  Thanks, Karl.