Re: bogo-1.2-1 released

> karl@tower.com.au wrote:
> >    bogo: Calculates Bogomips on the fly, without rebooting.
>
> On my system, this does the trick:
>
> fleabag> cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep BogoMips
> BogoMips        : 33.55
>
> Or is it possible for this number to change after boot?  I didn't think
> it was.
>
> Bill Gribble

No - the /proc/cpuinfo doesnt get updated as the time goes by.  It only
get's updated at system boot up and wont update until you reboot again.
This utility measures the BogoMips at any time by simply typing bogomips -
for instance if your computer was doing something heavy then your load would
be 30 25 20 etc instead of 33.55.

It effectively runs the exact same thing at boot up time at the command line
prompt.

Regards,

...Karl

--
 |                         PO Box 828   Office: (09)316-3036 Fax: (09)381-3909
 |OWER INTERNET SERVICES   Canning Bridge   After Hours:  015-779-828
                           WA, 6153     Sales Support: sales@tower.com.au
Internet Service Providers
 and Networking Solutions