Re: A couple suggestions to improve debian installation (long)

Thanks for the feedback, I'm sure many developers will find it
useful... One comment:

>Why are there so many Slackware users ?  Probably because the
>installation looks very cool and the installation is easy.

>The first impression I had when I inserted my root and boot disks were good.
>Nice colors, easy to use menu, some help at the top; very nice.
>But when it was time to (re)partition my harddisk, we were back in the
>stoneage; no colors, no message giving some advice....

>The hostname entry was again in back and white. I'm sure this could be done
>a little better.

Personally, I find the slackware installation scripts annoying... I
feel as if I am reading WIRED.  Color is good when used properly, but
lets make sure that nobody gets carried away Turner-izing things when
they are readable as-is.  And also make sure that those of us using
terminals that aren't color-capable still can use them well...

--
Richard W Kaszeta 			Graduate Student
kaszeta@me.umn.edu			University of MN, ME Dept