Re: why aren't man pages compressed?

I thought about switching on man page compression a while back, and did
not because I wanted to allow for other manual pagers than man_db
that might not handle it. It is probably worth doing at some point.
I think we can compress both the source and the cat files, though
compressing the cat files is only worthwhile if the uncompressor
runs very quickly.

	Bruce

--
See Pixar's "Toy Story", at a theater near you starting November 22.
"Toy Story" Toys and Soundtrack Album are available now!