Re: Can't make rxvt pay attention to resources.

I noticed the same thing. Presumably(??) rxvt doesn't interrogate the database
of X resources maintained by the X server, but only looks in the file
.Xdefaults. (I think this used to be the way X resources were specified,
a long time ago???) According to the doc, rxvt is smaller than xterm
because it doesn't implement the X toolkit; maybe this is related? Anyway,
I still don't know whether rxvt is supposed to read X resources from the X
server, in which case it is a bug, or whether it is just a reduced
functionality which follows from having a more economical terminal emulator.