Re: Can't make rxvt pay attention to resources.

On Tue, 14 Nov 1995, Rob Browning wrote:

> For anyone who cares, "ln -s .Xresources .Xdefaults" immediately fixed
> the problem.  Rxvt would not see any resources that were only added
> via the "xrdb -merge .Xresources" call in xdm/Xsession.  I don't have
> any idea why, so I can't comment on whether this is a bug or a
> feature, but it was certainly non-intuitive.
rxvt does not use the toolkit to get it's resources to save (a lot of)
size of the running executable. It uses it's own handcrafted routine that
works for most but not all of the cases.

I'm the main user on my system so I prefer to put defaults in
 /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/app-defaults/Rxvt

Nils