boot-floppies

Got a question.

When I installed debian R6 from the boot and root floppies I was asked for
the type of ethernet board I had. I had an Alta board which is NE2000
compatible. I didn't see a board that would match what I had so I didn't
pick any. As a result some things like the network file in init.d didn't
get completed, and as result ifconfig didn't have any eth0 entries, and
the ethernet wasn't up.

No problem, I made a new kernel configured with my board. I thought I would
like to make a new set of boot floppies so I could complete the installation.
However, the scripts for the boot floppies, I could see, were in need of
a ".deb" package. I presume one that would have my new kernel.

Herein lies the question:
		How do I make a .deb package for the boot-floppies to use?

               Steve Millard       Harrisburg, Pa.     USA
               It ain't what you don't know that hurts you,
               but what you do know that just ain't so.