re:Problems with install

>> If you went through the 5 floppies and reformatted the old disk, then that
>> is not your problem. If you did not reformat the partition, then possibly...
>
>I didn't reformat, but I assume that by installing the base, it would
>overwrite any and all necessary executables...

I would assume so, but perhaps the Slackware version exists in another
directory that is in the path before the Debian one.  Check
www.debian.org to see if there is info about installing Debian over
Slackware.  Also, "which tar" are you using?

>Yes, here's the typescript log... I did a verify, it was fine. Then I
>tried unpack through dftp (previously I had tried just through dpkg), but
>I'm still getting problems...

Actually, the verify indicates that not all packages were retrieved.
However, even the ones retrieved okay are causing seg-faults.

                                        Brian
                                 ( bcwhite@bnr.ca )