Re: NE*000 ethercard probe... unable to get IRQ 0 (irqval=-16).

On Thu, 09 Nov 95 22:19:19 +1100, warwick@cs.mu.OZ.AU said:

> For another data point: I have two different NE2000-compatible cards
> running under Linux, one on a PCI machine.  They both work fine, and
> I've never had any problems with them.

I have a similar setup and they both work fine.  There are kernel
driver conflicts (with wd and smc drivers) that will cause you grief
if you are not careful, though.  You either need to recompile the
kernel and disable drivers you don't need or pass something like
"ether=0x280,11,eth0" to the kernel at boot time.

--Mike