Re: Includes vs Source

On Fri, 3 Nov 1995, Dale Scheetz wrote:

> Each of the packages Includes and Source contain the message:
>
> you should install the "includes" package, or the "source" package, but
> not both.
>
> but gives no indication of how one makes this choice.

The way I understand it, 'includes' is header files for normal C development
and 'source' is a superset with the kernel-related goodies. If you want to
rebuild the kernel (and who wouldn't? :) ), you need 'source'.

Presumably, installing 'includes', then installing 'source' would replace
'includes' files.