run-parts doesn't do symlinks

It seems that the "run-parts" script does not deal with symbolic links.

There are a few scripts I've written that I would like to run under
cron.daily and cron.weekly, but I'd rather not put them into those
directories in case some system upgrage decides to make changes to
the files in those those directories.  I figured I'd just do a symlink
to the script elsewhere.

Surprise!  The scripts don't run because run-parts doesn't see them as
ordinary files.

Is there a fix for this or should I just give up and put the scripts directly
into those directories?  Hard links are possible but could cause problems if
the scripts are on a different file system.

                                        Brian
                                 ( bcwhite@bnr.ca )