Debian is GPF only?!?

>To keep universal balance of things, Slackware has more packages
>( I guess because Patrick includes non-GPL-copyrighted software in
>  the distribution ) and there's an ELF distribution of Slackware.

Being fairly new to this list, could you explain this?  Are you saying
that Debian won't include any software that isn't covered by the GPL?

If that is the case, then I will be decidedly unimpressed.  Just because
something isn't covered under the GPL does not mean it is not useful or
not "free".

                                        Brian
                                 ( bcwhite@bnr.ca )