Boot Freeze

Folks,

        OK!  Things are really starting to get weird.  I re-FTPed the 5 debian
install disk images.  I re-gzip -d ed them.  I re-rawrite3-ed them.  They did
exactly the same thing.  So I said to myself, "Self, fall back to your previous
slackware installation."  Guess what folks?  The re-install of my prior
slackware system did exactly the same thing.  The last message says:
  VFS Mount root readonly      Or something pretty close to that.  I can boot
my, YECH, OS/2 system just fine.  I reformated the linux partition multiple
times.  I have had no other indication of a problem.

        Any ideas?

                        Thanks,

                        Jim Sherman

                        Last seen in the Bight of Benin.