Re: Linux

> I want to install OSF/MOTIF with the Debian Linux. The Metro Link
> Inc. is telling me that the Motif requires Linux version 0.99 or
> higher.

Linux kernel version 0.99 or higher.
      ^^^^^^

> The only version of Linux that I know so far is version 0.91; except
> version 0.92 which will be avaliable to the user communities
> soon.

Debian 0.91 comes with kernel version 0.99 patch level something-or-other, it
^^^^^^^^^^^
should work just fine with OSF/MOTIF, although I might wait until the
next version of Debian is released.

> Would it be possible to install Linux with the existing Window. My
> hard disk is not partitioned. Please advise what to do ?

I would recommend backing up your system and partitioning.

There is also the UMSDOS filesystem which allows you to split a
partition between DOS and Linux.  I believe Slackware 1.2.0 supports a
UMSDOS install, but I do not personally recommend it.  The performance
loss is pretty bad and the UMSDOS code reportedly has some bugs.

Dan

--
Daniel Quinlan  <quinlan@spectrum.cs.bucknell.edu>