A few questions for everyone

   Date: Sun, 13 Feb 94 11:53 PST
   From: Ian A Murdock <imurdock@shell.portal.com>

   Should I be grabbing and applying the ALPHA kernel patches as they are
   released?  Right now I'm using the released 0.99.15 kernel.

Looks like the majority are in favor of pl15b.  I'll go with that.

Could someone with a machine on the net let me know in the future
which ALPHA kernels are stable net-wise?  Thanks.

   What was the solution for the Emacs RMAIL permission problem?  I've
   been playing around with it and I can't get it to work.

Thanks.  Wrong mode on /var/spool/mail.  Of course.

   Many of you may have noticed that GNU finger was replaced in 0.90 and
   0.91 with the old BSD finger.  I'm trying to get it to work again, as
   I want to include it very much.  fingerd crashes randomly and without
   (apparent) reason.  Has anyone on the list managed to fix whatever is
   wrong with it?

For some odd reason it is now working.  I think an older patch from
the procps package was the culprit.  I applied the patch from the
latest release (0.92) and now everything seems to be working fine.
Michael, did you fix something in this patch?

Ian