Re: Security guncellemelerinde hata

On Mon, 2005-06-06 at 07:16 +0200, Michelle Konzack wrote:
> > character code for the letter you are looking for is 240.
> > However this is not part of latin1 (or iso-8859-15?), but latin5
>
> OK, I was thinking it is in latin1:     <Alt>240  =  ð
>
> > (iso-8859-9 or even win|cp-1254). I don't remember its Unicode, but
> if
> > your keyboard handler accepts it I can look for all Turkish-only
> letters
> > and their uppercase versions.
> >
> > I normally use ctrl-ctrl to switch to Turkish-q layout and back, but
> one
> > needs to know the difference by heart. If you are planning to write
> in
> > Turkish frequently, you can try Turkish-alternate layout in which
> case
> > it is simply altgr-g (altgr-s, etc).
> >
> > Since it is not in latin1, you have to change your mutt settings
> too.
>
> I have tried to use the console font "LatArCyrHeb-16" (UNICODEE) but
> it does not work with turkish, so I do not know, which font to use.
>
> And then, the above font has only 400 Chars or someting like this,
> so I likt to make a NEW console font which support Turkish too.
> > On the other hand, I am sure people will understand if you simply
> use
> > closest latin1 characters (such as g), which is less troublesome.
>
> I know.
>
> The Problem is, that I am around 90% of my time on the Console and
> there is a realy big UNICODE problem even if mutt support it.

for me, the easiest way to setup utf-8 with Turkish support is
running /usr/bin/utf8 script from fonty-rg package. It runs consolechars
with LatCyrGr-16 by defualt.

This should work for most of the European languages including Euro sign.

Now, both fonty and fonty-rg comes with comprehensive font files, but I
would be surprised if any of them include all of Turkish, Hebrew, Arabic
etc. I'd never used dynafont either.

I am ccing this to the list as someone may be more experienced because I
normally use latin1 and only switch to utf-8/latin5 only when needed.

Best,
-alphan