Re: Problems with umlauts in dc_gui2

> A few days ago, after an upgrade of dcgui and the GTK2 libs, I noticed
> that if a string (i.e. a message, a nickname, a filename) contains
> Swedish umlauts[1] (or probably any non-ASCII character), the text in
> that string isn't shown (it takes up place but I can't see it).
> And if I try to send a message with umlauts dcgui crashes.
>
> However, I can enter and see umlauts in text entries (the search field
> for example).
>
> If I turn on "Use UTF8 characters" the situation gets somewhat better;
> the umlauts still makes the strings invisible, but I can send (and see
> my own) messages with umlauts.
>
> Has anyone else noticed these problems too?

Yes, I have seen this. In my case, strings with umlauts would show *up until* the umlaut.

Like this:

En_jättebra_divxfilm.avi

would become

En_j

... and then nothing. This problem also cause dc_gui to not be able to use those strings (eg, right-ckick and download the files.)

I didn't find a solution. However, DC++ works really well under Wine.

I don't recall the versions of the software components I used, but time-wise, this was about 6 months ago, and I usually do apt-get update && apt-get upgrade once a week.

I'd love to see this problem solved though.

Btw, isn't this a swedish list?

/Fredrik Persson